Here is a vintage American Flyer Gold Belt Ventilated boxcar that matches up with the Franklin old-time sets that ran with the famous FYP&RR engine. It even came in some Franklin sets: Truscott sets from 1960, often called the Frontiersman. It is a great add-on to the other Frontiersman sets that did not originally have it also.
And don't forget the classic Washington sets that it came in!
This lot includes the 24055 Gold Belt boxcar. The car was offered 1959-60.
Did you know that this car came in SIX different variation???
I won't bore you with the details, but THIS ONE is the last version:
- Nonmoving doors to the left of opening (vs. no door at all)
- No brake wheels (vs. one piece brakewheel)
- Two ventilator slots (as opposed to one slot rows)
- "55" to the right of the door (vs. to the left)
- NO GOLD BELT STICKERS (vs. with stickers)
- Pikemaster Trucks and Couplers (vs. Knuckle couplers)
Regular base (as opposed to Hay-Jector base)
See our other listings for a Franklin steam engine and some clean #20 and #30 coaches.
CONDITION: Interesting variation. C-7. Clean and complete.