Runs Conventional OR with REMOTE
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER LISTINGS FOR SOME GREAT UP PASSENGER CARS TO GO WITH THIS ENGINE...AND A FEW OTHER BIG UP ENGINES IN S!
You are looking at a beautiful Union Pacific Railroad stunning 4-8-4 Northern Steam Engine and tender.
The highly detailed American Flyer 4-8-4 Northern appears in the classic NYC black of the UP.
In 1937, the Union Pacific received its first 4-8-4 Northern locomotives. Designated FEF, the steamers quickly became legendary fast freight haulers on the vast western system.
First modeled by American Flyer as #332 in 1946, the Northern became a hit on S gauge rails as well. Now, over half a century later, an updated version of this classic locomotive speeds down the American Flyer mainline.
This revolutionary control system allows you to operate your FlyerChief™ equipped locomotives on your layout using a remote control or a conventional transformer. These engines offer enhanced sound, long-distance control, AC/DC compatibility, and allows you to run multiple engines at one time.
With the flip of a switch you can dictate whether the engine is controlled via transformer control or remote. Easy to use, with many features including chuff sounds that are in sync with your engine, and a three-buttoned remote to activate user-controlled announcements and engine sounds.
- FlyerChief control with user selected operational modes: Conventional AC transformer control mode or FlyerChief wireless remote control with AC or DC power
- Constant speed control maintains speed on curves and grades
- ElectroCouplersr™ on rear of tender
- Synchronized fan-driven smoke
- LED headlight
- On / Off Switches for background sounds and smoke
- RailSounds RC™ sound system with steam chuffing, background sounds, whistle, bell and announcements
- User activated announcements vary when train is stationary or in motion
- Die cast metal locomotive and tender body and trucks
- Stamped metal tender frame
- Powerful maintenance-free motor
- Flickering firebox in cab
- Detailed cab backhead
- Traction tires
FLYERCHIEF REMOTE CONTROL FEATURES:
- Forward and reverse speed control knob
- Buttons for whistle sound, bell, special announcements and volume control
- Volume control- hold down the whistle and bell buttons and you can adjust the volume by moving the control knob
- Button for ElectroCouplersr™ activation
- Requires three AAA alkaline batteries (not included)
- Rail Line: Union Pacific
- Road Number: 808
- Gauge: S Gauge
- Scale Type: Traditional
- Brand: American Flyer
- Min Curve: S36
- Dimensions: 22" long
- Most Recent Catalog: 2016 American Flyer
If you did not pick this engine up when it was released back in 2016, you are probably kicking yourself. Even if you do not want S scale, but you want a stunningly beautiful and detailed model of the classic UP Northern, this is for you.
Check out our other listings for UP passenger cars and other UP steam versions as well including the famous and topical 4014 Big Boy!.