You are looking at a beautiful Union Pacific Railroad stunning 2-8-2 MIKADO Steam Engine and tender.
The highly detailed American Flyer 2-8-2 Mikado appears in the classic UP.
This scale-sized model represents the second go around for Lionel with the Mikado in American Flyer's S scale (round one was the year before).
Introduced by the United States Railroad Administration in 1918, the USRA Light Mikado proved to be their most popular design, running on railroads throughout the country. The American Flyer USRA Light Mikado represents the latest level of detailing and features.
Equipped with the TrainMaster Command Control system, the new S gauge locomotive will still run using only a conventional transformer with most of the features, including many RailSounds effects, enabled. Add a TMCC Command Base and a CAB-1 Remote Controller to unlock all of the features and sound effects available. A simple one-wire hook up to most AC transformers will have you on your way to true walk-around, remote control railroading.
- Produced from all-new tooling
- TrainMaster Command Control equipped—able to run in Command Control Mode or in Conventional Transformer Control Mode with most American Flyer and Lionel transformers
- RailSounds 5.0 sound system with custom recorded effects including:
- Multi-part CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements to create realistic operating scenarios from pulling out of the yard to initiating an emergency stop
- Realistic operator-controlled effects, including the water injector, activated by the CAB-1 Remote Controller
- DynaChuff synchronized chuffing that shifts through 15 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed
- Simulate the locomotive running light or battling against a heavy load by manually adjusting the DynaChuff intensity level with CAB-1 commands
- MultiWhistle effect simulates blows at different steam pressures, long and short attacks, and even extra quilling with each press of the whistle button
- Independently adjustable volume control—use your CAB-1 Remote Controller to lower the level of background effects such as chuffing while keeping operator-controlled effects such as the whistle at full volume
- Many operator-controlled effects including CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements are accessible using only a conventional transformer
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- Wireless Tether connection between locomotive and tender
- Directional lighting with operating headlight and back-up light on rear of tender
- Illuminated classification lights on front of locomotive
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, frame, pilot and trucks
- Traction tires
- Operating smoke unit
- Separately applied metal details
- Accurate separately applied builder's plates
- Illuminated cab interior
- Engineer and fireman figures
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- Rail Line: Union Pacific
- Road Number: 2549
- Gauge: American Flyer/S Gauge
- Min Curve: S gauge
- Dimensions: Length: Approx. 15 1/2"
- Most Recent Catalog: Classic Trains Vol. 1 2005
If you did not pick this engine up when it was released, you are probably kicking yourself. Even if you do not want S scale, but you want a stunningly beautiful and detailed model of the UP Mikado, this is for you.
CONDITION: Looks EXCELLENT PLUS to LIKE NEW in box. C7. A good looking unit. It has been run, but it still looks like new. With a somewhat rough box.