This is a really good looking and very nice G scale steam engine ready for duty. This is the Bachmann Spectrum 82396 Rail Truck, unlettered with SOUND and DCC/DC. It is the version that is painted black and unlettered. It is a really nice unit--die cast parts, opening front hood on each side with detail inside, specialized sound decoder, and more.
These kinds of units are lots of fun to see running down the line.
Model of a real prototype
- DCC ready with NMRA 8-pin socket,
- Heavy-duty can motor,
- Die-cast chassis (powered on both axles),
- Die-cast metal siderods and counterweights,
- LED headlight (constant lighting),
- Removable hood for access to three-position polarity switch for conformance to NMRA standards or large scale model railroading practices, with a center off position,
- Smoke generator with on/off switch,
- Convenient lubrication port located on underside,
- Operating doors,
- Metal handrails and detail parts,
Full cab interior with gauges, controls, brake stand, and seat