This is a really good looking and very nice G scale steam engine ready for duty. This one was produced in Bachmann's higher end line, Spectrum. This is the Bachmann Spectrum 80996 Baldwin 2-4-4 Forney Steam Locomotive, the Sandy River & Rangeley Lake 1910 version modeled for the Outside Frame, cab number 12. It is 1:20.3 scale with SOUND and DCC/DC. It is the version that is unlettered but factory painted. This model also has the Soundtraxx Tsunami 2 TSU-4400 decoder, 2017 version, installed by the previous owner with awesome sounds.
You can run this one in DC, DCC, or even BATTERY mode if that is what you like to do. This is a very versatile engine. BE SURE TO READ THE MANUAL TO GET THE MOST OUT OF IT. There are lots of settings to operate it just the way you want. You can even set the trucks for wider / tighter radius track!
The pictures of the decoder show the DCC board and Tsunami decoder, and there is one picture with the DC jumper board installed as well.
THIS ONE IS CAB NUMBER 12. WE HAVE CAB NUMBER 11 IN ANOTHER LISTING RIGHT NOW IF YOU ARE FAST ENOUGH.
Model of a real prototype, outside frame style c.1910
Cab number #12
- DCC Sound equipped
Soundtraxx Tsunami2 TSU-4400, #884005, 2017 version
- Non-proprietary plug-n-play electronics interface so you can use your favorite decoder
- DC Jumper board for pure DC operation
- Run it DC, NMRA DCC, radio control/battery
- Track or battery power pick up
- SOUND decoder installed--sounds in DCC operation
- Factory painted, Undecorated
- Easy access to four switches behind the bunker to choose track or battery pickup, NMRA or traditional Large Scale operation, motor on/off, DCC or DC operation of cab lights, flicker, and ash pan glow
- Operating headlight
- Operating smoke unit
- Custom wound motor with flywheel
- Heavy duty driver and trailing trucks
- Electrical pickup
- Exclusive truck locking mechanisms for multiple radii curve operation
- LED headlight and cab lighting
- Highly detailed cab interiors featuring sliding windows and operating doors
- Double lead metal worm gear
- Die Cast idler gear box
- Front and rear switch behind smokebox door with center “off ” position for DCC or DC operation of smoke unit
- Moveable ash pan grates with authentic ash pan “glow” glowing firebox (load compensated)
- Blackened die-cast metal running gear featuring optical sensors for aftermarket sound synchronization
- Hand tooled coal load
- Brass bell with bell chord numerous d
- Die-cast detail parts including pop valves, whistle and piping
- Easy access to electronics in coal bunker
- Operating cab hatch
- Detailed cab figures (as pictured),
- Operating knuckle couplers
- Metal wheels and axles
- Includes the service, parts, & assembly sheets
- Instruction booklet is present
It is in the original box though the box shows significant shelfwear.CONDITION: C-8/C-7+. Engine is beautiful--looks like new. Tested in DC with the DC jumper board, and it runs, lights and smokes. Has a Soundtraxx Tsunami2 TSU-4400 sound decoder installed, pictured. Could not test in DCC, but sound works when decoder plugged in; no reason to think DCC is not working. Wheels show a little run time but not too heavy. Extras you see in the pictures. Clean instruction manual. With individual parts/diagram sheets as pictured.