This is a fun and affordable G scale steam engine ready for duty. This one was produced in Bachmann's higher end line, Spectrum. This is the Bachmann Spectrum 82597 Porter Side Tank 0-4-0 Steam Locomotive, the Midwest Quarry and Mining version. It is 1:20.3 scale. This model can run in traditional DC or Digital Command Control.
Representing a stock model right off the pages of an H.K. Porter catalog, this side tank locomotive was commonly used in a variety of switching and industrial applications, often working right alongside its saddle tank cousin. This 1:20.3 0-4-0 Side Tanker offers your railroad another tank configuration option to meet the needs of your growing industry.
- Model of a real prototype
- DCC ready
- prototypical cab style
- operating headlight
- •full backhead detail
- heavy-duty can motor
- hidden gear box
- metal connecting rods and main rods
- Detailed cab figures (as pictured),
- Operating knuckle couplers
- Metal wheels and axles
- Three position polarity switch for conformance to NMRA standards or large scale model railroading practices, and a center/off switch
- Includes the service, parts, & assembly sheets
Smoke unit present, but not installed
NCE decoder installed
It is in the original box though the outer box shows significant shelfwear.
The number on the back of the cab is most likely its current NCE DCC address.