A GREAT SOURCE of info for CATALOGUED SETS for BOTH PREWAR and POSTWAR
You are looking at a book that was published in the early era of price and information guides to Lionel Trains in 1982 and is no longer in publication. And really, there has been nothing like it since. This book is still the ONLY book to cover catalogued sets of both the prewar and postwar era including BOTH O AND STANDARD.
So what is in this book? You get lots of ways to find that set:
- Catalogued Sets
- Standard Gauge
- O Gauge
- 951 Sets listed in a table lists all cars pulled by which engines
- 620 Cars from catalogued sets listing all engines which pulled each car
- From Numbers to Names of Engines and/or Trains
- From Train and/or Engine Names to Numbers
- From Numbers to Names Passenger Cars
- From named Passenger Cars to Numbers
- Outfits listed by Numerical Order
- 152 Pages
Enlarged second edition from 1982
By T Hood Simpson
This one is a fantastic resource--so much information in one place. PLUS, one thing I have discovered is that it is good to have multiple sources when doing the research--even earlier volumes sometimes have info you don't find later.
CONDITION: Complete and nice. Does show areas of aging: some pages show some wear from perusal, some edge wear, cover laminate slightly peeled off area back bottom left corner of cover. Pictures show it all.