A Set of Two Restored NEW YORK CENTRAL Standard Gauge Cars in the larger size.
You are looking at a really neat early standard gauge set of three passenger cars. These are two of the larger sized passenger cars in 18" standard gauge. These Mojave versions probably came with the Mojave 402 electric outline engine. The cars are original Lionel.
This is a set of two. We have a Combination car, original, available in our other listings right now.
I suspect these are extremely well done restorations, but I am not 100% sure. If so, I cannot tell if the lettering was left alone as original or re-stamped/dry decal--it loks that good. The light orange peel finish suggests it may be either a restoration or perhaps original paint but polished. Let's go with restoraiton to be safe.
418 Pullman Coach "Parlor Car"
- Oxidation on wheels; Good lettering; Repaint; not sure if redecalled or worked around; light works; a few light scratches; good interior; some spotting.
- Oxidation on wheels; Good lettering; Repaint; not sure if redecalled or worked around; light works; a few light scratches; good interior; some spotting. Some body damage visible under paint in a few places. Rear deck may be reproduction.
- 418 Pullman Coach "Parlor Car"
- NEW YORK CENTRAL LINES
- Original Lionel
- Larger size Standard gauge
- Produced Prewar, 1920s
- Each car measures approximately 18"
- Maroon/Dark Red trim with doors and windows
- Brass ornamental trim
- Blue "stained glass" celestory
- Prewar Latch couplers
- Standard gauge
- Detailed Interior
- Four wheel trucks
CONDITION: C-6+, nice restoration on these two cars.Two cars appear all original. These cars were most likely repainted and perhaps redecalled at some point in their lives. It is hard to tell for sure. If it is a restoration, it was done very well. Trucks and wheels show oxidation. Lights DO work on all cars, but the wheels and roller pickups will need cleaning to ensure consistent lighting. Interiors appear to be intact. Couplers and steps, etc. are here. The platform on the rear of the observation may be reproduction. There is some kind of oxidation or white chemical reaction spotting in a few places--will leave to you to clean.