You are looking at a STUNNING Lionel Mohawk steam locomotive that was only offered in 1990-91. This is the New York Central L3 MOHAWK 4-8-2, and it is a SCALE MONSTER.
FUN FACT: This unit was not in a catalog. It was offered in the 1990 Holiday flyer (as the New York Ontario and Western, but they changed to the NYC after collector "input").
Run it as a freight locomotive, or pick up some beautiful New York Central Heavyweights that match well...available Soon in our other listings.
Super detailed die-cast locomotive and tender bodies
- Operating smoke stack and steam chest
- Operating headlight
- Operating firebox glow
- Electronic RailSounds
- Powerful AC motor for pulling long trains
- Spoked drivers with metal rims
- Metal handrails on engine & tender
- Remote controlled forward-neutral-reverse operation
- Retractable coupler on the pilot
- Opening boiler front
- Operating die-cast metal knuckle coupler on tender
- Tender has 6-wheel die-cast metal trucks
- Highly detailed coal load
- Metal wheels & axles
Authentic New York Central markings
- Total length: 25"
- Minimum curve: O-42 (though one customer tells me it will navigate 0-36)
SHIPPING INCLUDES SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION AND INSURANCE.