You are looking at a Prewar Louis Marx Joy Line wind up passenger set from the 1930s. This one utilizes the classic cast iron black locomotive and tinplate tender with six cars!
This set is all JOY LINE with the Joy Line couplers.
The set includes
(102) Steam Locomotive
- Cast Iron
- Wind Up
- With key
- Bell inside, but I have not heard it ring
- Tender with coal load
- (2) 357 Passenger cars, black outline numbers, vg+, light printing, good roofs with some scratches and wear
(1) 458 Observation, black outline numbers
- complete observation deck
- Some kind of wear/rubbing on the sides, visible in pics
- Roof shows wear
- (2) 357 Passenger cars, gold outline numbers
- (1) 458 Observation, gold outline numbers, missing rear platform rail
Interesting note: On the ends of the cars, the round portals differ:
- The gold outline cars have gold around a solid black portal
- The black outline ones have simple black circles with green on the inside instead of black
- The black outline observation car has the gold outline solid black end portals
CONDITION: Overall C-6, very good. Some a little better, some a little worse.
Cast iron wind up LOCO has key and runs well. Cosmetically, it is full excellent! Bell inside I think, but I have not heard it ring on my test.
Three CARS are the gold trim highlighted kind, and three are the untrimmed black print version. Black frames frames. Wear and scratches on all frames. Rust on some wheels and axles. Roofs have scratches. Some are a nice brighter orange, some are a flat orange. Some have more wear and scratches on roof than others. Pictures show it all.
The box is probably repro--I am quite sure the label on the box is a copy.