Here is a really nice Louis Marx Southern Pacific Railroad depressed center flatcar with generator load. This one has the gray generator load, a tool box on one end, and a "cable reel" (molded) on the other end. What a neat car for your work train.
This car was a Sears set item in 1958. There are multiple versions of this car. THIS ONE has
- the Type F trucks (most have Type G)
- Black flatcar (versus maroon)
- Gray generator, etc load (versus yellow cable reels)
Please scroll down past the description for more pictures and be sure to enlarge the pictures to see everything as up close and personal as you can.
This car features
- Deluxe Plastic rolling stock series
- MARX SP 39520
- Southern Pacific
- Nice strong printing
- Metal wheels and axles
- Plastic truck sides
- Plastic tilt Couplers, original
- Gray Generator, tool box, and molded cable reel load
- Sears 1958
HARD TO FIND CLEAN and COMPLETE.
CONDITION: Clean and complete. The flat looks great, good printing. Small glue or wear area near one end, shown close up in pics. Small area of discoloration on bottom edge of generator on one side/corner, shown close up. Other light signs of use. Somewhere between C-6 and C-7.