Here is a really useful and tough to find book. This is David Doyle's Guide to Lionel Trains 1945-1969: Postwar Sets. This book is chock full of information about collecting those post World War 2 train sets. It is a softcover. Tons of FULL color pics...WAY more than in the Greenberg book AND it is more current.
The book is new--we are the original retailers for this out of print volume. It is nice and crisp. This book is NEW!
Why you need this book:
This is the ONLY full sized, full color guide to Postwar Lionel Sets that features a rarity scale.
- This is the most recent volume on postwar Lionel sets with the most recent data
- Assists in every buying and selling activity involving the category of trains commanding the highest prices in the secondary market.
- more than 500 color photos,
- 271 Pages
- current pricing in three categories,
- nmore than 450 sets listed
- an invaluable aide to determining originality
- Easy to use year by year chapters
- Lionel BOXES
- How to DATE the trains
- Catalog to Special Numbers
- Outfit Locomotive Years
- information on all known variations,
- numeric by locomotive number with outfit numer and catalog year
This comprehensive toy train reference captures the essence of this American icon, and equips you with the tools to make the most of this lucrative market.