HARD TO FIND *** Out of Publication
You are looking at a really useful and tough to find book. This is David Doyle's Guide to Lionel Trains 1901-1942: Prewar. This book is chock full of information about collecting those pre World War 2 trains. It is a softcover. Tons of FULL color pics...more than in the Greenberg book AND it is more current.
The book is new--we are the original retailers for this out of print volume. Has some slight shelfwear such as a couple of soft cover corner (just the very corner edge--hard to detect). This book is NEW! Overall, tight binding and crisp.
Why you need this book:
- This is the ONLY full sized, full color guide to Prewar Lionel that features a rarity scale.
- This is the most recent volume on prewar Lionel with the most recent data
- Assists in every buying and selling activity involving the category of trains commanding the highest prices in the secondary market.
- more than 1,400 color photos,
- 400 Pages
- current pricing in three categories,
- 2 7/8 Gauge
- Standard Gauge
- O gauge
- OO Gauge
- Includes accessories
- Lionel BOXES
- How to DATE the trains
- Catalogs and Paper items
- Toys and Novelties
- CATALOGUED SETS
- information on all known variations,
- extensive identifying details for 2,000 prewar Lionel trains.
This comprehensive toy train reference captures the essence of this American icon, and equips you with the tools to make the most of this lucrative market.