Nice CLEAN LIONEL remake of the classic 1939 229/701 B6
This is the Pennsylvania "8977" B-6 switcher Lionel released in 1989 and 1991.
FUN FACT: Besides being a great high end remake of the 229/701, this switcher was the first Lionel engine released with Railsounds.
- Die-cast metal locomotive
- Die-cast metal tender,
- Electronic railsounds remotely activated by a standard Lionel transformer,
- Smoking stack and steam chest,
- Spoked drivers,
- Three position reverse unit,
- Opening boiler front,
- Operating headlight,
- Metal handrails,
- Operating backup light on the tender,
- Jeweled marker lights,
Operating knuckle couplers .
Super detailed die-cast locomotive and tender body