You are looking at a great very early MTH item from 1998. This is one of the harder to find MTH items. It is the AA unit Texas Special, a powered A and a dummy A. WITH a COPY of instructions not pictured.
We have a matching B unit also put out by MTH early on AVAILABLE IN OUR OTHER LISTINGS RIGHT NOW IF YOU ARE FAST ENOUGH--yes, we do combine shipping. Note that these are a little more realistic paint schemes than the Lionel postwar one we all love so much. These have the yellow more like the real thing.
- 1/4” Scale detail and dimensions
- Metal Wheels and Axles
- Die-Cast Truck Sides, Pilots and Fuel Tank
- (2) Remotely Controlled Proto-Couplers
- Authentic Paint Scheme
- All Metal Wheels and Gears
- Illuminated Number Boards
- Metal Body Side Grills
- Directionally Controlled Headlights
- Intricately Detailed ABS Body
- Metal Chassis
- Metal Handrails and Decorative Horn
- Lighted Marker Lights
- Spinning Roof Fans
- Operating MARS Light
- (2) Operating Smoke Units
- (2) Precision Flywheel Equipped Motors In Each A Unit
- Locomotive Speed Control
- Lighted Cab Interiors
- (2) Engineer Cab Figures In Each A Unit
- Unit Measures:53" x 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Operates On O-31 Curves
As you know, MTH Premier items are compatible with just about any O guage, but they go especially nice with Lionel Standard O and Atlas O. It runs on any three rail track whether by Lionel, MTH, Atlas, Gargraves or Ross Custom Switches.
CONDITION: C-6. Tested and runs. Tested in conventional and DCS. Smoke unit fan motors replaced. New battery. Sounds work. Smokes great. Cosmetically looks good but there ARE a few rubs and scratches from use. A unit #525 is C-7 and has some rubs, minor paint chips. Now to get picky: B unit 525B is missing portal glass; some rubs, a few bent pipes on top. A unit # 527 has some wear on the bottom, a small crack on the front, no front windshield insert, missing a portal, dings by window, small crack on top. ALL PICTURED. No box.