This is O'Brien's Collecting Toy Trains edited by David Doyle. This book is chock full of information about collecting those classic era trains--engines, rolling stock, passenger cars, accessories--this book has it all. It is a softcover. Tons of FULL color pics.... WAY more than in the Greenberg book AND it is more current.
The neat thing about this book is that it covers Lionel and American Flyer, but it also covers many other makers you do not commonly see identification or value guides for: Marx, Kusan, Flyer HO and O as well as S, Hafner, Dorfan, Modern-era Lionel, Prewar, Postwar, Ives, Unique, Ives, Tootsietoy, Kansas Toy and Novelty, Dorfan, Carlisle and Finch and much much more. It really fills in the blanks of the other price guides!
The book is new--we are the original retailers for this out of print volume. This one is an old store copy--no writing, marks or tears. Unread with tight binding.
Why you need this book:
- This is the most recent volume on these manufacturers
- Assists in every buying and selling activity involving the category of trains commanding the highest prices in the secondary market.
- more than 2200 color photos,
- 6000 listings
- 400 Pages
- current pricing in three categories,
- Lists everything--rolling stock, engines, passenger cars, more
- an invaluable aide to determining originality
- Easy to use organization
- information on all known variations,